In a bid to promote tourism the Ministry of Culture has decided to extend the visiting hours of 10 popular historical monuments across the country.
Union Culture Minister (IC) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel announced that from now these Monuments will remain open from Sunrise to 9 pm for common public. The Minister made this declaration addressing the press in the national capital. Earlier these monuments were accessible to the public between 9am to 5.30 pm for.
The Minister also informed that his ministry is also mulling extending the visiting hours of other such historical monuments besides these 10 sites.
The 10 historical Monuments where visiting hours have been extended include
1. Rajarani Temple Complex, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
2. Dulhadeo Temple, Khajurao, Chattarpur, Madhya Pradesh
3. Sheikh Chilli Tomb, Thanesar, Kurukshetra, Haryana
4. Safdarjung Tomb, Delhi
5. Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi
6. Group of Monuments at Pattadakkal, Karnataka, Bhagalkot, Karnataka
7. Gol Gumbaz, Vijayapura, Karnataka
8. Group of Temples, Markanda, Chamursi Gadchiroli, Maharashtra
9. Man Mahal, Vaidhshala, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
10. Rani-ki-Vav, Patan, Gujarat